Manly Warringah Basketball Association is working continuously with Basketball NSW, Basketball Australia, NSW Office or Sport and other governing bodies to ensure we are up to date with Return to Basketball guidelines during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Manly Warringah Basketball is a registered Covid-Safe business.
The MWBA is pleased to announce that under the guidance of Basketball NSW together with the directives from NSW Health, and the Office of Sport, the MWBA and NBISC Boards have granted permission for spectators to enter the venues for our local competition games. Entry has been based on the recommendations supplied by Basketball NSW as follows:
Two (2) spectators per player are permitted entry to the venue
The clause “for the purposes of supervision” has been removed, which simply means that if you have a team of 8 players, you may have 16 spectators (including scorers).
Please note: Due to restrictions placed on the MWBA by our hiring agreement with some external venues, Balgowlah Boys High and Pittwater House are allowing one (1) spectator per player.
Contact tracing and sanitising must continue
All people who enter any venue to participate in MWBA competitions are required to enter their contact details on the QR code provided at the venue, and sanitise their hands on entry.
Social Distancing must be maintained throughout the venue
MWBA staff will monitor, and we ask you to comply with direction from our staff.
The MWBA supports the NSW Health recommendation to wear a mask if social distancing can not be maintained (i.e. on the score table).
Changerooms and the water fountain are to remain closed
On advice from Basketball NSW, we will continue to keep the changerooms and water fountain closed, but the toilets will remain open for use.
No balls are permitted in the venue
Balls will be provided for teams to warm up with and for use during the game. Please leave your ball at home.
Exit off the courts
To ensure that we do not form bottlenecks in the foyer, all players and spectators will be expected to exit the venue via the doors off the courts at NBISC, or as directed by the venue supervisor at external venues.
MWBA DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS – Spectator limits are included for the following MWBA Development Programs: Pink Ball, Saturday Learn to Play and Aussie Hoops. Eagles Academy with Coach Steve and all Representative Training sessions are still CLOSED TO SPECTATORS.
REGISTERED PLAYERS – if you are unsure of your registration status, or if you are allocated to a team (and will therefore be printed on a scoresheet), please call the MWBA office on 9913 3622 to check. Any team list changes must be made BEFORE 3pm on the day of competition.
The MWBA COVID restrictions are continually being monitored, and restrictions may change at short notice. Please keep an eye on our website and social media pages for all updates.
- If you are unwell you MUST stay at home.
- If you have visited a hotspot as designated by NSW Health you should follow NSW Health directions and MUST NOT enter MWBA venues. Current hotspot information can be found HERE.
- Even if the new rules permit attendance, please only come to the stadium if you absolutely must.
- MWBA supports the NSW Government recommendation to wear masks in public where social distancing is difficult.
- Anyone entering MWBA venues must practice social distancing where possible.
- Everyone entering the venue must register their attendance via the Service NSW QR code at the venue entry.
- There will be no entry to the venue until 5 minutes prior to your game start time. All participants must leave promptly after their activity.
- Exit Procedures: please exit the venue via the nearest exit.
PLEASE NOTE NO BALLS ARE TO ENTER THE STADIUM. MWBA WILL PROVIDE GAME BALLS.
Please direct any Covid-related restriction enquries to firstname.lastname@example.org