Manly Warringah Basketball Association Inc
THE PRIDE OF THE PENINSULA.
MAKING EAGLES SOAR.
Welcome to Manly Warringah Basketball Association. MWBA basketball has been catering for the basketball fraternity since its inception in 1950 and over the last 70 years has produced highly talented players many of whom have moved on to the professional ranks, representing State, Country and playing in the NBL & WNBL.
Manly Basketball located at the NBISC Stadium Warriewood on the Northern Beaches peninsula of Sydney and is only a few minutes’ walk to the scenic northern surf beach area. The stadium is only 100m from the Warriewood shopping mall and also in close proximity are cafes’, boutique clothing outlets, the Sydney Institute of Sport complex, primary and high schools and also on the direct transport service to the city via Manly. Various styles and levels of accommodation are available in the local area.
Manly Basketball’s relocated to the Northern Beaches Indoor Sports Centre in 2020 when in open it doors to their 4 court stadium. In 2016 NBISC completed its expansion to a 6 court stadium and is rated as one of the top venues for basketball in Sydney. Many major events have been conducted at NBISC including the premier basketball competition in Australia, the National Basketball League, national and state championships etc.
Manly basketball prides itself on the family atmosphere within the association. MWBA enjoys very close working relationships with the local business evident by its sponsors & the community organisations.
- Not-for-profit sporting organisation established in 1950.
- Relocated from Narrabeen Academy of Sport to NBISC in 2000. Extended facility to a 6-court venue in 2016.
- MWBA has a major rental agreement with NBISC and uses the facility 7 days a week.
- MWBA runs competitions and training out of Narrabeen Sports High, PCYC Dee Why, Galstaun College, The Pittwater House School, German International School, Sydney Japanese School, Curl Curl Community Centre, & St Paul’s College Manly.
- In 2019 MWBA had 944 teams compete in local basketball competitions at the NBISC and satellite venues.
- Over 250 local competition games are conducted each week.
- Over 4,500 players participate in local competition games, run seven days per week.
- Manly Warringah Basketball has 16 junior and 4 senior representative teams.